Sylvia was born in China, she started to learn piano from 5 years old, and performance on the stage when she was 8. She was admitted by the Music Middle School of Tianjin Conservatory at the age of 12.
During the time in this professional school, Sylvia was majoring in piano performance and classical composition under Professor Han Fang and Wang Yi Bo; she played in a variety of concerts (include solo, concerto, duo piano, and piano accompaniment) and competitions, she got different awards in those competitions. In 2015, Sylvia was educated by professor Pan Chun in the Central Conservatory in China and graduated from the Music Middle School in 2016.
She was admitted by Columbia College Chicago in 2016, major in music composition. She learned composition under professor Ilya Levinsion; and piano under professor Sebastian Huydts and Bette Culson. In the time in Columbia College Chicago, she has played many concerts and recitals. She was also a part of the new music ensemble orchestra. In 2018-2019, she played the new music ensemble concerts twice as the arranger and performance artist. She also attended the scholarship initiative event concert as the pianist in 2018. Sylvia gets her Bachelor’s degree in Columbia College Chicago in 2019.
Sylvia was the volunteer piano teacher at Xin Lin Art School during 2016-2019. She provided bilingual music education which is Chinese and English to children ages 5-13. She’s also a music director in theatre.
- The Third Prize in Qingdao Sunshine Piano Competition, 2010
- The Frist Prize in The National Competition into Master Lang Lang’s Class, 2016
- The Special Award in Tianjin Conservatory Duo Piano Competition, 2015
- The Silver Medal in National Steinway Cup Piano Competition, 2015
- The Second Prize in the National Piano Competition in China, 2016
- Level 10 Qualification Certificate of Amateur Piano-grading, 2008